The University of Florida Lastinger Center for Learning
The University of Florida Lastinger Center for Learning is a non-profit innovation hub dedicated to renovating education and improving learning outcomes through the development of programs and innovations. Each year, the Lastinger Center serves more than 500,000 children and 50,000 educators across the nation.
As part of the Creative Decision Support System (CDSS) within the Experience Design & Development (XD²) team, my tasks as Design Specialist pertain to:
- Influence and maintain visual identities for Flamingo Learning, Lastinger Center for Learning, and New Worlds Reading Initiative
- Supervise design and development of outgoing learning content and marketing/external deliverables
- Ensure visual cohesiveness and ADA accessibility
- Conceptualize design workflows and SOPs
- Mentor student designers by hosting workshops
- Provide constructive feedback to design work
The Experience Design & Development (XD²) team facilitates and optimizes equitable and accessible end-user experiences through technological and responsive collaboration with our internal associates and external partners. With expertise in designing multi-faceted visual systems, XD² focuses on delivering high-quality multimedia solutions that have been developed through creative, iterative, and intentional processes.